Monday, March 16, 2009

Thank you for the podcasts! (3/16/09)

Since announcing the new Help Desk Podcast (details here), we have received many messages of congratulations, thank-yous, and best wishes. Here is a sample:

Count me in! -- Mike

I just listened to your first [podcast-only show] and it was great! I thought I'd never hear that up-beat banter paired with good technical advice again and it was the one WMUB program I missed most. . . . Keep up the great work! -- 'fariswheel'

Even though I left the Oxford area (for Columbus) going on two years ago, I have fond memories of WMUB and especially the Help Desk Show, and I "tuned in" occasionally via the 'Net. -- Bill from Columbus

I will continue to look for wacky tech news from you! -- Lee

It sure is good to know that you are still in the business of helping those of us who get stuck with computer questions. Thanks for doing this for us. It's sure a shame that you had to had to go off of the air but I understand as the dollar dictates what happens these days. -- David

I am so glad you guys are still galloping to the rescue of of neophytes out in the boondocks. I miss you and am glad to continue monitoring the blog when I can. Thanks for the memories and good fellowship and yes the advice too. -- Jim

Sorry for the loss of "The Help Desk" as it has been. Glad to hear of an effort to get at least part of it back. Please keep me on the e-mail list. -- Don from Richmond

Thanks for the info re: you new help desk blog. Not sure if I'll be able to listen on my computer as we have dial-up only service out here in the country. ... Wanted to take this opportunity to say how much I enjoyed listening to the Help Desk these past 8 or 9 years. You provided all of us out here loads of computer info and quite a few chuckles, also. Frankly, I miss listening to all of you at WMUB. Your "hometown" flavor and wonderful personalities helped make each day brighter and we came away better informed and happier as a result. ... Here's to all of you at the Help Desk Blog a great big wish for much success with your new show. You deserve all the best. -- Betty

Great news about continuing the show via podcasts. Now I'll have to figure out how to use them. But who can I call? -- Chris from Brookville, OH
--[See our new page of Podcast Questions and Answers. --Ed.]

Thanks for continuing your show via podcast. I am thrilled you are on the air for now. I have found out how to listen online through my web browser. Is there a way to find it and download it in iTunes so I can put it on my iPod? ... Thanks so muich for putting all the old archives up on the helpdesk blog. -- Kris from Richmond
--[See our new page of Podcast Questions and Answers. --Ed.]

Great to hear that you are going to try to keep the Help Desk going. ... I will try to get into scheduling getting to the podcast during lunch on Tuesday. -- Stan

Good to hear that you are going to keep the Help Desk going. ... I'd like to help out if I can . . . with LINUX-related questions. Send them my way and I'll send you back an answer. -- AJK from Miami U.

No comments: