Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Response: Asus netbook

[In reference to the podcast of 6/9/09]:

Good show today, but why is it only 30 minutes instead of the 60 minute show it was when it was on the air.

Thanks for using my question about creating a dual boot system on my Asus netbook. One thing that wasn't clear, and maybe you can clear this up with an e-mail response is couldn't the Linux OS be obtained online? The guys seemed to be focused on the problems with getting software onto the netbook with the absence of a CD/DVD drive. I assumed I could download the OS from a web site and then install it from there. Maybe not. And, on the issue of not having a CD/DVD drive, as you know jump drives now are really big for a reasonable amount of money. Additionally, my netbook also has an SD port for an SD card, and those are available in large capacities. So I don't think the lack of a CD drive is an issue because of these options.

--Dan, Hagerstown IN

No comments: